Monday, August 15, 2011

Exciting News

As promised... exciting news to share! My brother Chase and his girlfriend Robyn are now ENGAGED as of this past Friday!!! EEEK!!!!
I wish you could hear the excitement in my voice when I say those words!!! She is so perfect for him and we are so so so blessed that he found such an amazing girl that we all love. She fits into our crazy family perfectly and we couldn't be happier. So being that she graduates from A&M in December and the ultimate planner that she is.... they have set the date to JANUARY 21, 2012!!! Yes you read right, 2012!!! Needless to say 2012 will be such a crazy/busy/exciting year for the Willingham family, filled with showers and planning.
I am so thrilled for them and excited for us to be sharing our planning experience together. The proposal was perfect... here is how it all went down, including a video.

Robyn was in Georgia for a summer internship all summer. So, her older sister Dana flew to Georgia to drive back to Texas with her. Her sister did an amazing job planning the trip home out so that they would arrive at her sister's house in Allen at 6:00 on Friday. Robyn thought that when they got to her sisters that her sister and her husband, her brother and his wife, and Chase were all going to go out to eat that night for a little welcome home dinner. So her sister and her got there her brother and his wife, and her sisters husband were there to welcome her home. My mom and dad, her mom and dad, Chase, and I were all in a bedroom so that she couldn't see we were there. She sat on the couch facing her back to the hallway, and her sister handed her a present wrapped... which was a book that Chase wrote and illustrated himself. 

The book was their story of how the met, etc. So while she was reading the book, we followed Chase and tip toed down the hallway. When Chase saw that she was at the last page which said this...
he then walked out, and got on his knee. She of course was so surprised and said YESSS!!! :)
This bad boy is to die for. We celebrated all together the rest of the night with a delicious dinner. It was absolutely perfect... he did such a good job planning it all and I was so happy he let us be apart of it. Congratulations to you two... We love you both so much! She is working on an engagement website... so I'll be posting that soon. 

After dinner Friday, I headed to Rockwall to stay the weekend with my one and only :) We went to Primo's to kick off the start of her birthday weekend.
On Saturday we celebrated with a night out in Fort Worth.



I always have so much fun with these girls and love when we all get together.

Happy 23rd birthday Tay... I love you so much, don't know where I'd be without you in my life and am so blessed to have you in it!

Work started back this week for me... which means summer is officially over and boy was it hard hearing that 6:00 alarm clock go off this morning. Excited for a new year, my student teaching begins in the spring... one step closer to finally being done. 
Can I just say WOW?! I can honestly say I'm BEYOND ready for fall, which then means winter (my favorite)!!!

Hope all of you had a Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment