Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Made by you Monday's

Due to a little technical difficulty yesterday... my weekly "Made by you Monday" was impossible to post until today (Tuesday). But, here it is... better late than never I guess.
So this week I decided to use my favorite thing in the whole wide world... MOD PODGE.
This stuff is seriously the best invention ever. If you have never used it I highly suggest it for all your crafting needs. It is a glue and sealer all in one... and even comes in glitter (doesn't get much better than that). I've had this awful frame in my room for a while that I've been needing to cover so I gathered up a few sheets of scrapbook paper, mod podge, and a brush and got busy.
First, I just tear off a strip of different srapbook paper and tear all into pieces.
Then I put the mod podge on a section of the frame at a time and start placing on the pieces.
After I glue a little section I go over it to seal the edges down.
If you are unfamiliar with mod podge, don't be afraid of it... it will look like you just covered it with Elmer's glue but it dries clear and looks awesome.
So I just do this in sections until all I'm wanting to cover is covered and sealed... then let it dry overnight.
And woolahhh there you have it... a new"ish" frame :)
This is literally the easiest thing ever to do and the possibilities are limitless. I have done it to clipboards, pickle jars, binders for school, stools, and wooden letters. I have always wanted to do a bathroom wall... hmmm can't wait to finally have my own home. :)
Happy (let's pretend it's Monday)!!!!! Have a wonderful week.





Oh and please tell me this isn't THE cutest couple you have ever seen in your life. They are precious inside and out, not to mention personalities that are out of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment